Why is maintaining your HVAC filter a necessity
At the time of the year when fall ends, you start receiving advises about getting your filters clean. In order to change the temperature of your living space, your heater, ventilator, and air conditioner suck the air from your room, chills or heats that air by pulling it around the coils and then blows the air back to other rooms through the ducts. When the coil is clogged, it can’t cool or heat the air coming in.
Why does the HVAC need maintenance?
The main reason for maintaining your HVAC system is to keep it running with no breakdown through-out the year with high efficiency. You don’t see your system through the naked eye and so make it easy to be neglected. Imagine not maintain your car; if you don’t change the oil or neglect to take it for any tune-up or engine-checking, you cannot expect it to last for more than a few years.
The HVAC system in your home works the same way. Even if your system is expensive or the manufacturer has made several promises about the system to work, HVAC needs maintenance and reduces the occurrence to repair the system. A dirty filter can have the following effects:
- Load on the HVAC system: the blowing fans will have to push themselves and work harder to blow the air in the living space. When it works harder, it also draws more energy than it should take that leads to excessive bills. It will also result in the system to wear out due to strain.
- Not delivering efficient moving air: your living space will get the required air it needs. It compromises your home comfort. When the system is unable to recognize the difference in temperature, it will also be unable to signal the HVAC system to switch on and off or to power down, which again increase your expense.
- Risk of freezing up or overheating: this is because cooled or the heated air can’t travel through the heat pump, furnace or the air conditioner with ease. You will provide the exact amount of oil or gas, the exact amount of energy, but you’ll not feel any difference in the temperature.
- Making room for moisture and bacteria to colonize: not only this bacteria’s act as a strong blockage of air, but it also colonizes the wrong side and produces more allergens and pollutants in the indoor air. However, if these colonies manage to get into the HVAC system and form into many, it will then cause major trouble for the whole system.
- Not circulating the ducts can cause the dust particles to settle: it is way easier to filter your system now and then rather than getting your ducts cleaned. Yet dirty ducts result in a drain to the efficiency of your system.
Nonetheless, changing filter can be self-done whenever you feel a lagging, but even if that doesn’t help you need to see a professional maintaining service for your HVAC system. Hvac murfreesboro repair and maintenance services are acknowledged throughout Tennessee. A good setup professional company would help you maintain your system for effective results!